- visual charts
- visual schedules
- visual cues in locker, lunch box, on desk
- fidget spinners/fidget toys
- written schedules on locker, lunch box
- graphic organizers
- choice cards
- emotions cards
- ear plugs or headphones
- special seating-seat pads, sit-upon balls, etc.
- adaptive equipment-pens, pencils, calculators, fidgety toys, large print books, audio, etc.
- use of FM headsets to either have blocking out music, or FM transmission of teacher speaking, use Beatz or something else socially acceptable, blocks out outside noise
- rewards charts
Sibshops is a fun and energetic program for siblings of individuals with special needs. Sibshops are individual events that allow participants to acknowledge their life-long concerns and meet other siblings in a relaxed and recreational setting. Activities include discussing common joys and concerns, learning how to handle situations commonly experienced by others in the group, and learning more about the implications of having a sibling with special needs.
If you are interested in AZANOW bringing this amazing program to the West Valley, please fill out the form below. We will be compiling data over the next several weeks and will make a decision based off your responses!